Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Thrifting Snapshot

Sissy and I ran a few errands today.

Trips to a shoe store and BJ's were made.

And we were able to hit a couple of thrift shops.

Goodwill and Savers.

While at Savers, I found a couple of plates to add to my dinner plate collection.

See, I 've been wanting to replace my dinner plates for years.

And I mean years.

Ask Sissy.  She's usually with me shopping as I contemplate buying a new set of dishes.

And I haven't found anything that I loved enough to replace my existing set.

Until this spring when I started to buy vintage 1950's, 1960's dinner plates.

I love the little collection I am putting together.

I have about 4 patterns right now.

And I love that they are mismatched.

And best of all, the plates cost in the range of $1-$2 per plate.

I think that's why I can commit.

Because they don't cost much, if I decide in a year or 2 to replace, I won't feel bad changing them out for new ones.

But for now I love the mismatched retro plates I am finding.

I bought 2 today.

They are made by Marcrest Stetson.  The pattern is Swiss Chalet.  Sometimes it is found as Swiss Alpine.

I am happy to add them to my collection.

potd #254.  One of my new dinner plates.  It is pretty.  I love the blues.

No comments:

Post a Comment