Saturday, September 15, 2012

Colorful Day

Every September for the last 3 years, our town has had a mini fall festival.

This year they added a "Color Fun" Run.  

It was modeled after the "Color Me Rad 5K".

The proceeds from the race are being used to raise money to build a handicap accessible playground in our town.

There were quite a few people that we knew at the festival and who participated in the race.

D ran into a little girl from her class, K.  D has been talking nonstop about K since school started.

I was glad to be able to meet Ks' mom.  We chatted for a few minutes.  Apparently K has been talking a lot about D at home too.

We decided we would have to get the girls together soon.  And we discovered that we live very close to one another.  Yay!

E, S with K, and D before the race.

C, R, S, and E just before the race started.

E, R, D, and Ds' friend K before the race.  Cute girls.

Just after the race started.  D is in the center.  Her face cracks me up.  

Pure look of shock.  From what, I have no idea.

Here is M, D&Es' friend.  I love how casually she is walking through the sprinkler.

They had the sprinklers going because apparently you need to be wet to have the colored cornstarch stick to you.  Aha.

Here are R & Cs' boys.  J & L in grey shorts are Cs' and M in the black shorts is Rs' son.

D and K walking together.  They were sweet.

E getting a ride from Hubby.  

Considering she was still recuping from the stomach bug and still has a sprained toe, I am amazed she wanted to even do the run.  

But she did.  And she sweet talked her daddy into carrying her a good portion of the way.

He's a good daddy.

Here's J, friend Ks' sone(and Ms' brother).  I was glad I caught him in the crowd and was able to snap a picture of him.  

He looks like he's having fun.

I just loved catching the rainbow in the sprinklers.  The light was just right.

This is probably one of my favorite pictures from today.  

I love Ms' expression as she ran through the sprinkler.  Pure fun.

And the hair is just priceless.

D and K.  Now running.  Having fun.

Hubby and E on the last lap.  

Hubby's starting to look tired.  Finally I can see some color on Hubbys' shirt.

Good grin Hubby.  I think that's the "I'm tired of carrying E on my back" grin.

Poor E.  She tried.  

After the race, there was still cups of colored cornstarch left over.

So, they had all the runners congregate and toss the cornstarch in the air.

And get somewhat hit with it.  To get a bit more colored.

I love the colors in the air.

More color in the air.  Pretty.

The kids did love this part.

I think next year if the Color Me Rad race comes back to our area, we are definitely going to do it.

J setting up and tossing his cup of cornstarch at Hubby and the girls.

It was a lot of fun today.  And the weather was perfect.

The kids had a great time.

Hope they do it again next year.  With more color!  

And we'll do the Color Me Rad race.  That will be lots of fun.

potd #257.  Happy kids post-race.  I'd say from the smiles they had a great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment