Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Definitely Not Charlotte

There are 2 GIANT spiders on my back deck.

One we noticed a few days ago.

It was spinning its web from the deck railing to one of the bushes that is just off the deck.

Quite the impressive web.

Then today, I went out on the deck and placed my hand a chair at the table.

And my hand hit a web.

I jumped.

I may have let out a yelp.

I pulled my hand back.

Quickly.

And then I looked.

And I may or may not have jumped again.

And I may or may not have let out another yelp.

Because on the back of the chair was another GIANT spider.

Seriously big.

Look at those creepy, crawly legs.

And it moves fast.

I got my camera to take some pictures.

Lucy was very interested in what I was doing.

So she came close to the chair and sniffed.

And boy did that spider scurry to the top of the chair.

Again, I may or may not have jumped away at this point.

Good thing for a telephoto lens.

I quickly decided to take some more pictures from afar.

And I snapped some of the 1st GIANT spider.

Creepy.

Will probably leave this guy alone.

The one on the deck chair is definitely going to have to go.

Otherwise there will be no sitting in that chair for me.

No way Jose.

potd #247.  This is definitely not Charlotte.  Creepy legs.  It gives me the shivers just looking at it.

2 comments: