Thursday, September 6, 2012

Signs of Fall

While there is part of me that is still wishing it was summer, the idea of fall approaching is starting to grow on me.

Fall is my 2nd favorite season.

At this time of year, I always find myself longing for fall dinners.

I am tired, for the most part, of grilling dinner.

I am ready for soups, pastas, baked dinners, and dinner in the crockpot.

With the coolness of fall I always like to bake.

Pumpkin bread, banana bread, apple pie.

I have also already made a batch of crockpot applesauce.  So easy and so very good.

I got the recipe from Hubbys' Aunt Donna who writes Quiet Life.

4 apples, 1 tsp butter, 1 tbs brown sugar, sprinkle cinnamon on top.  Cook on low for 3 hours.

I always do more than 4 apples.  Usually about 12.

Yum.  The girls love it.

I look forward to fall mums and pumpkins.

About this time is when the apples at the local orchard are ready to be picked.

My favorites, the Jonagolds, will be ready to be picked on September 15th.  I know this because I stopped at the farm stand run by the orchard and checked their picking schedule.

The girls & I will definitely be going apple picking next weekend.

Cool nights, cool mornings, but wonderfully warm and dry days.

The weather this time of year is just spectacular.

Hubby & I were married in the fall.  In October.

So, that naturally makes fall a sweet time of year for me.

And today I made a wonderful discovery.

Another sign that fall is upon us.

I stopped at the local Starbucks for a Chai.

And lo & behold, they had pumpkin scones.

I couldn't resist.  I had to have one.

It was delicious.  And tasted just like fall.

Yum.

And I also noticed that their Pumpkin Spice Latte is also back for the fall.  Also yum.

So while I may long for the lazy days of summer, the beautiful days of fall are looking pretty good right now too.

potd #248.  My very yummy pumpkin scone from Starbucks.  It made me happy.  Guess I'm getting into the groove of Fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment