Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Meet Frosty

Ok, Christmas can come.

Alright, you may be thinking "Wait, it's not even fall yet!"

Fine.  Maybe I am being a little hasty.

I have just really come around to the idea that fall is upon us.

But, I am just so excited.

Last year, just about a whole year ago I found a fantastic retro-looking lighted snowman in my Sundance catalog.

It was $100.

I fell in love with it.

It reminded me of similar ones that I remember seeing when I was growing up and would visit my Nana.

I contemplated buying it for myself for Christmas.

I hemmed and hawed.

And then when I finally decided to buy it, they were sold out.

I was so mad.

I told Sissy about it.  And at that point we decided it would be a great thing to look for at tag sales come springtime.

Fast forward to spring.

Sissy found a vintage lighted snowman at a tag sale.  She paid $1 for it.

Yup, that's right.  ONE DOLLAR.  Crazy.

I immediately told her she needed to find me one.

Hubby & I actually came across one at a huge antiques show near us that was $25.

I almost bought it.

But, knowing that Sissy bought hers for $1, I just couldn't bring myself to pay $25.

Yup, I had now turned cheap.  So glad I never paid $100.

Fast forward to tonight.

We went to Sissys' tonight to celebrate her & Nanas' birthday.  Today was their official day.

Happy Birthday Sissy & Nana!

Tonight, Sissy surprised me with something she found tagsaling this weekend.

Can you guess what it was?

You got it.  A vintage lighted snowman.

She found it for $5.  A bit steep after the $1 she paid for hers.  But way less than the $100 I almost spent.

This snowman makes me so happy.

Yes, it truly is the little things in life.

So now Christmas can come.  I have my vintage lighted snowman.

Thanks Sissy!

potd #253.  Meet Frosty.  Isn't he just fantastic.  I just love him.  Now I have to figure out the perfect spot for him come Christmastime.

No comments:

Post a Comment