Saturday, June 23, 2012

Tag Sale Saturday

Went out this morning with Sissy.

We hit a few tag sales.  Ok, more than a few tag sales.

Some Sissy had found by looking through the paper and a few were found on our travels.

I found a few treasures.  Sissy found lots of treasures.

Found this sweet needlepoint at one of our stops.  It was $1.  

I really liked it because it was done on a green muslin. 

I took it out of the frame it came in.  It was old and not in the best of shape.

A new frame and it will be good as new.

At our first stop I found this little play accordion.  I bought it for D&E.  

They loved it.  They couldn't stop playing it when I got home.

Ok, I didn't find this at a tag sale.

On our travels, Sissy took me to a little Italian Bakery.  They make the sandwiches.

And boy, are they yummy.  I was a bit skeptical.  But Sissy assured me they were delicious.

The sandwich is made with a fresh Italian bread grinder roll.  

Slices of provolone and thick cut salami.  Then they add sauteed green peppers in the middle.

So.very.yummy.  I do believe Hubby declared it the best sandwich he has ever had.

May have to go back next Saturday for some more sandwiches.

When I got home, Hubby was working on painting our deck.  Really hoping it will be done before the girls' birthday party on Thursday.

Not sure that's going to happen.  We'll see.

This beetle was flying around Hubby and landed on his shirt.  It was ginormous.

E was not to scared to pick it up.  It was huge.

Always the worker, E.  She's been our little worker bee ever since she was a toddler.

She loved helping Hubby do a little painting today.  

potd #173.  The girls were so happy to get this little toy accordion.  I love that it is a simple thing like this that cost me $1.  And they are getting such joy & fun from it.  


1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you liked the grinders! And it looks like the girls had a great time with that accordion =)

    ReplyDelete