Friday, June 8, 2012

The Sound of Music

Tonight was D&Es' piano recital.

It was nice to have family come and watch too.  Sissy and her family, my dad, and my mother in law & niece(hubby's sis' daughter) came.

They both have been working very hard over the last few weeks.

D played a song called "Spinning and Spinning", which is a traditional piano piece and she played "Do-Re-Mi" from The Sound of Music.

E played "Little Blue", which is a bluesy piece and then she played "My Favorite Things" from The Sound of Music.

They did great.  I am so very proud of them both.  And since I don't play any instruments or read music, they amaze me.

Of course I had to take a few pictures before leaving the house.

Sometimes it's hard to get the girls to smile naturally for me in these situations.

Usually I get a lot of forced smiles.

There were some of those and enough natural smiles to make me happy.

Not long before I took this picture, D was in tears because I had "yelled" at her for taking too long getting her shoes.

Oy.  Not looking forward to the teen years.  Love this girl so much, but she can be a bit emotional at times.

Are these really my daughters?

And how did they get so grown up looking?

This is a pretty good picture of the girls and me tonight before we left for the recital.

Hubby took it.  Glad that we are all smiling.

D looking down at the pool.

I had come upon E in the same pose and snapped a couple pictures of her unnoticed.

It seemed to be a good pose, so I snagged D for some pictures too.

Can't quite get over how tall they are getting.

This picture makes my heart happy.

I love that E is looking right at me.  And clearly she's in motion of some kind since her hand is blurry.

And I love that D is looking to the side.  Hubby was over there.  And obviously he was doing something to make D giggle.

It was a great night.

I love seeing the girls work so hard and then see them perform in front of so many people.

All by themselves.  Even though their teacher is sitting next to them, it's really just them performing.

Not sure how they are my daughters.  They must get the "ok performing in front of people" gene from Hubby.

Because I definitely don't have that gene.

Which makes me so happy that they are confident to get up there and play.  And very proud.

potd #158.  One of the pictures I took of E unnoticed.  Love the blues in her dress.

2 comments: