Tuesday, June 5, 2012

S.L.E.E.P.Y.

Morning came way too quick today.

Hubby needed to be up very early, so his alarm went off at o'dark thirty.

And it woke me up.  Ugh.

He has to be up very early every so often and usually I am not bothered.

But, every now and then I am jolted out of a deep sleep when he gets up.

It also didn't help that it seemed extra bright.  Not that the sun was out.  We are just getting near the longest day of the year.  So, it's light around 4:30.

I did doze back to sleep.

Then, at 5:30, E came walking in my room crying from a bad dream.

I was jolted out of sleep again.

Normally, I would give her a snuggle and walk her back to her own bed.  Get her snuggled in and kiss her and tell her it's all ok & it's time for some more sleep.

Not today.

I was too tired.

So, I called her over and told her to get in on Hubbys' side of the bed.

E got in, I gave her a kiss and a snuggle and told her all was ok & to get some more sleep.

I had just fallen back to sleep, when wouldn't you know it D comes in sleepily at 6:05.

Ugh.

Now I am way too tired to usher her back to her own bed.  So in she comes and snuggles up next to me.

And we all fall back to sleep until my alarm goes off at 6:30.

Then, as is my usual I snooze for a little bit.

I made sure to get up a bit earlier than is my norm so that I could let Lucy out before the painter came to start his work day.

I was expecting him about 7:30.

Fast forward to this afternoon/early evening.

And all of a sudden I am dead tired.

Dragging.

E was tired too.

Finally about 6:30 tonight it hit me that I have for the most part been awake since about 4:30 this morning.

And I.am.tired.

So tired that I almost forgot to take a picture today.

Uh-oh.

Quick, grab the camera and snap a couple pictures.

Usually I am a night owl.  Not tonight.  Can't wait to get my jammies on and go to sleep.

And, I was ambitious today and did a bit of my Year of the Cat cleaning in the basement.  Think that could be contributing to my sleepiness.

Headed to Goodwill tomorrow with a couple of boxes.

This was one of my first Pinterest projects that I found on Pinterest.

It's a simple grapevine wreath with mini umbrellas stuck in it.  So pretty.  And so easy.

 It was on a shelf in the basement, just waiting for me to bring it upstairs for the summer.

I love the spot of color it adds to the kitchen.

potd #155.  The painter got a lot of scraping and sanding done today.  Back of the house is almost done.  The weather held out today.  And it looks good for the rest of the week.  Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment