Friday, June 29, 2012

Don't Blink

Today the girls turned 9.

Wow, where did the time go?

I feel like I have blinked and they are all grown up on me.

I can remember when we had the girls, everybody would tell us to "enjoy it, they grow so fast".

And as new parents all we could think was "yeah right.  Sure they do."

All the while you are completely sleep deprived as new parents thinking that phase will never end.

Hubby & I used to joke when the girls were first born, and were infants, that we were afraid of the night.

Starting around 5pm, you just knew it was going to be a long night.  Feedings could vary through the night.

We always tried to get them to eat around 11pm.  But after that, who knew when one of both would wake and be ready to eat.

Those were long nights.

And we had pretty good babies.  No colic.  Some fussiness, but nothing that was endless.

Next thing we knew they were sleeping through the night.  Right around 9-10 weeks.

That was heaven.  A full nights' sleep. Ahhhhhh.

Then we blinked.  And they were 1.

And 2.  And 3. Etc, etc.

Now we have blinked again and they are 9.

I don't think I want to blink again.  Next thing I know they will be 16 and driving.  Yikes.

So, yes young parents, enjoy those babies and little ones.  Because the years go by way too quickly.

Even when you are down in the trenches of toddlerhood and potty training, it goes by way too quickly.

Because they go from this..........

......to this in the blink of an eye.

Interestingly enough, D is on the left in both of these pictures and E is on the right.

potd #179.  Getting ready to blow out the candles on their cake.  Love how D is looking at E.  And yes, D is on the left again.  Crazy!  Love these sweet girls so much.  I really don't want to blink for awhile.

2 comments:

  1. Lisa.VanValkenburg@hotmail.comJune 30, 2012 at 6:44 AM

    I know I don't have to point it out but you guys are so lucky and blessed . Happy b-day to the girls!

    ReplyDelete