Monday, June 4, 2012

June?

Brrrrrrrrr.

Is it really June 4th?

It may be June 4th by the calendar but it certainly did not feel it by the thermometer today.

My car thermometer told me it was at it's warmest, 58 degrees.

For me, that is too cold for June.

Never mind that it was cloudy and rainy.

Blech.

And the rain doesn't help the painter who started on the house today.

Hoping the rain clears out after tomorrow.

Then he will be able to get lots of scraping/sanding/painting done the rest of the week.

And the rain doesn't bode well for my newly planted veggie plants.

Really hoping they don't drown.

Feels like since I planted most of them Friday, all it has done is rain.

Yesterday I planted some pots of flowers.

Hoping those don't drown either.

Here is a pot of mini dahlias, petunias, and coleus.


Here is a bit of rock wall that Hubby built.  This is near one of the entrances to the garden.

I will divide the day lilies that are there and plant some more flowers in that bed. Most likely a few perennials and then fill in with colorful annuals.

I just love the edge stone Hubby bought at a local quarry.  Much better than the edge stone we thought we were going to be buying at Home Depot or Lowes.

And I love the way the small stone looks with the edge stone.

The garden is coming along nicely.

Now we just need the sun to come back out so I can finish all of my planting.

Here's hoping by Wednesday or Thursday planting can start again.

potd #154.  This is one of my very favorite annuals.  It's technical name is Tithonia. The common name is Mexican Sunflower.  I just love it.  I found it 4 or 5 years ago at a local garden center and bought it on a whim.  Mainly because the orange is so vibrant.  The plant grows quite large and puts off many blooms.  And the blooms are wonderful for cutting.


No comments:

Post a Comment