Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Presents

Who doesn't like presents?

I don't think I've come across a single person who doesn't like getting a present.

Today was present day around our house.

D&E had a shopping day with Sissy.

For their birthday, Sissy told the girls that she would take each of them out to shop for their birthday presents from her & my brother-in-law.

After a very busy July, today was the day.

Sissy picked up E at the house and off they went.

D & I hung out at home a bit and then headed out to run a couple errands.

The plan was to meet E & Sissy at the mall for lunch at Bertuccis.

All 4 of us enjoyed a nice lunch together.

And E got to tell D all about the things she picked out.

A skateboard, a nerf gun, a yo yo set-including a how-to book, some earrings, and a few other things.

She had a great morning.  Just bubbling with excitement.  Not only from the shopping, but getting time with Auntie.

After lunch, off D & Sissy went for their couple hours of shopping together.

I had a couple more errands to do, so E & I went off to do those.

And before we knew it, it was time to meet D & Sissy.

And just like E, D couldn't wait to tell her sister what she bought with Auntie.

Mousetrap-the board game, a t-shirt from Gap Kids, a magic/card trick book, a necklace, she stuffed a Kermit at Build-A-Bear, and a few other things.

She too was beyond thrilled not just from the shopping, but with the time spent with Auntie.

Sissy gave me a little gift too.  Time spent alone with each of the girls.

Don't get it too often, but it's wonderful when it happens.

It was a fantastic day all around.  Thanks Sissy!

potd #212.  I even got a present today.  Tonight at knitting I saw a fellow knitter, The Queen(that really is her nickname!), who I have not seen since her trip to England at the end of June.  She brought presents back for everyone-bracelets with the British flag.  While I am rooting for the USA, how appropriate to get a bracelet like this when the Olympics are in England this year?  Love it!  And we love getting presents at knitting.

2 comments:

  1. I had a wonderful day! We've decided we're going to do it again next year =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They love the idea of doing it again!!!

    ReplyDelete