Sunday, August 19, 2012

A Few Treasures

Today was the day we headed up to Nanas' house to get a few things.

See, her house is in the process of being cleaned out and sold.

Boy is it hard to clean out Nanas' house.

There are just so many memories in her house.

In every single room.

And even in the basement.

And in the backyard.

Everywhere.  Good, happy memories everywhere.

Backyard cookouts.  Christmas Eve parties.  Christmas Day dinner.  New Years' Eve parties. Thanksgiving.  Easter. 

So much time spent at Nanas' house during my childhood.

Never mind the weekends spent visiting Nana & Aunt N. as an adult.

So, today was a bit hard going through the house.

But, as always, treasures are found at Nanas' house.

Today I brought back a few treasures.

Just looking around my house at the things I have brought home, I am so happy.

It is so nice to have a bit of Nanas' house now in my own house.

One of the items we brought home was Nanas' stereo.

Hubby is trying to figure out how to get it working.

It took us a few minutes to figure out that we had to switch on the light switch for power.

Oops.

Once we flipped the switch, voila!  Music from the radio.

Hubby had trouble with the record needle, but thinks he may be able to do something with it to get it working.

Here is the front of the stereo.  

I just love the look of it.  Classic 1960's.

We took a few more treasures home today.

Just too tired to take any more pictures.

I will have to take some more pictures tomorrow.

My favorite treasure that I brought home was my Nanas' telephone table.

Yes, a telephone table.

From back in the day way before wall phones.  From the time when telephones needed a table to sit upon.

Hence, the telephone table.

I have always loved this piece of furniture.

My mom would use the chair to sit on at the kitchen table for meals whenever we were at Nanas' house.

potd #230.  The telephone table.  This makes me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment