Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Home

The girls & I got back home this afternoon.

And it feels good to be home.

There is truth to the expression, "there's no place like home".

No matter how enjoyable it is to get away from home, it is always so nice to be back home.

We had a wonderful time at the Cape.

It was so very nice to spend time with my Nana.

She is sharp as a tack and funny.

And sweet.  And sarcastic.

Today when we were getting ready to leave, she gave each of the girls $5.

And she did it when she thought I wasn't around.  So, add sneaky to the list too.

When I saw her giving the money to the girls, I tried giving her a look of "what are you doing giving them money?!?"

Well, my look didn't work.  She just gave me her own look and said to me, "You just keep moving along".

Let's just say I decided it was in my best interest not to argue with my 95 year old grandmother.

There was no chance of winning that argument.

Many memories made the last 5 days.  And it just brings home to me the title of my blog, "what happens matters."

Truly the last five days the girls & I spent with my family matter a great deal.

Four generations spending time together also matters a great deal.

So yes, I am happy to be home.

But, I look forward to another chance of spending time like we just did with my family.

What happens matters.  Remember that.

Lucy with sad ears.

She was very happy to see us when we got home today.

She was not so very happy for me to put some ear drops in her ear.

potd #226.  Glad to have my couch buddy back.  There's no place like home.

No comments:

Post a Comment