Thursday, August 30, 2012

Getting To Know You

I just love beginning of the year enthusiasm.

Hubby and I are lucky that both girls really love school.

They enjoy going.  They have fun with their classmates.  They love learning.

I love the little things that teachers do in the beginning of the year.

Those small little activities they have the kids do so that they can get to know each other.

Yesterday they both came home with a sheet that they had filled out.

It was titled "Who Am I?"

Here are Ds' answers:

My favorite color is: violet(purple)
My favorite food is: spaghetti and meatballs
When I grow up, I would like a job as a: music teacher
In my spare time I like to: play piano
My favorite animal is: a giraffe

This is her.  Absolutely, positively, her.

Here are Es' answers:

My favorite color is: blue
My favorite food is: lobster
When I grow up, I would like a job as a: cook
In my spare time I like to: draw
My favorite animal is: dolphins

This, too, is E.  Absolutely, positively, E.

These sheets will be dated and put in the box that I have of my favorite pieces of schoolwork.

They also each brought home an activity called "Brown Bag It'.

By next Wednesday, they each have to fill a small brown bag with something to represent the following:

a hobby or free time activity they enjoy, 
one of their favorite things(food, color), 
a talent or special ability they have, 
something they really dislike, 
the best part of summer vacation, 
a place they would like to visit, 
something they would like to do better, and 
something that reminds them of a special time or event in their life.

E has already decided that she is going to bring in a potato.  She really dislikes mashed potatoes.  She isn't even a huge fan of french fries.

It will be fun to watch what they put together to bring to school.

I will keep you posted.

So, one more day and our 1st week of school is over.

Getting back into the groove.

Back to life, back to reality.

potd #241.  E working on her written piano homework.  Note reading doesn't come as naturally to E as it does to D.  This is definitely helping.  A lot.  I can see her confidence gaining.  Like I said, back into the groove.

No comments:

Post a Comment