Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Nana Banana

There is nothing like spending time with Nana.

Today Sissy, the girls, & I took Nana out for lunch.

Then we took a little drive to the local state university where there is a dairy bar.

We had yummy ice cream.

And we had lots of fun.

As I've said before, Nana is sharp as a tack, funny as anything, and ever so sarcastic.

Love her.

Here are some things I think of when I think of my Nana:

Bingo.  She has always loved to play.

Cards.  She was always willing to play.  And still is.

Bread stuffing.  There is nothing like my Nanas' bread stuffing for a turkey.  And she got the recipe from her mother.

Fritters.  Fried dough for breakfast.  The best.

Late night swims.  When we visited as kids, it was so much fun to wait up for her & my mom to come home from playing bingo.  Then we would go swimming.  Loved it.

Wedding dress.  I wore her wedding dress when I married Hubby.  I hope one day either D or E will want to wear it too.

Ciara perfume.  This was the scent she wore when I was little.  I know that if I smelled it today, I would  instantly feel 7 and visiting Nana.

The Price is Right.  She loves to watch and has watched it for years.  Probably since it 1st came on tv.

I Love Lucy.  This is one of her favorite shows.

Johnny Carson.  She faithfully watched "Johnny", as she called his show, every night when he was on tv.

Potato chips.  When I was young, she has always loved to snack on chips.  I remember sitting at her kitchen table with the tupperware of chips on the table.  Her & my mother would talk for hours.

Pickles.  She loves 'em.

Lemon.  She loves anything lemon.  Lemon donuts, lemon pie, lemon squares, lemon cookies.  You get  picture.

Freckles.  She has always had lots of freckles.  I love all my freckles mostly because I know they are like Nanas'.

Chinese food.  When we were kids, we would go shopping, on Saturday, downtown with Nana & Aunt N in the city where they lived.  On the way home we would stop for dinner at a Chinese restaurant.  Even as adults, Sissy & I would visit and we would go out for Chinese with Nana & Aunt N.

I really could go on and on.

I just love her to bits.

Stay tuned for more Nana stories.

potd #233.  Nana.  Happily eating her vanilla ice cream.  She is so much fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment