Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Penny For Her Thoughts

My E.

She was a wee bit stressed this afternoon about school.

She was fine all yesterday at the meet and greet.

She was fine all day today while we ran some errands and went to the movies with some friends.

And then we went to the grocery store after the movies.

We ran into some people that we knew.

Of course the talk was all about school starting tomorrow.

E asked to go to the bathroom while I was talking and we were waiting at the deli.

She was gone for a bit.  I started to wonder what was taking her so long.

Then she came back.

We finished at the deli and ran into a couple more people that we knew.

After that she told me that her stomach was hurting.

The "1st day of school" nerves had hit her.  Hard.

I encouraged her.  Told her all was ok and would be fine tomorrow.

We finished at the store and headed home.

Even in the car she was not doing well.

I had to use a little tough love on her too.

I let her know that she was nervous, which was normal.  But, no matter how much she complained that her stomach hurt, she was still starting school tomorrow.

Tonight after dinner I watched her go outside on the deck while I washed dishes.  D was practicing piano.

I was sneaking this picture through a crack in the screen slider.

I didn't want her to catch me taking her picture.

What I wouldn't give to know what she was thinking about.

I just love how she is laying on the little couch.  Thinking.  Watching.

Penny for your thoughts, E.

It wasn't long after this picture, she realized I had come out on the deck.

My E.  From the smile on her face, I think some of the stress/nerves have left her. Maybe.

I just love this smile of hers.  My E.  I love you.  And I want to freeze these moments.

This picture just makes my heart happy.  This is my E.  Happy and smiley.

And that's why it is hard to see her nervous about school.

Unfortunately I know just how she feels.

As a child I would get terrible back to school jitters.  Would hardly sleep the night before the 1st day.

But, she has so much more self-confidence than I did at her age.

And that's how I know that she will be just fine tomorrow.

I know that she will get off the bus just beaming at what a great day she had with her teacher and classmates.

potd #239.  E, lost in thought on the deck.  I loved watching her lay on the couch while I was washing dishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment