Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Home Grown

The girls really are enjoying having a garden.

Everyday when I go out for one of my daily walks one, if not both, of them will come with me.

Today I had some weeding to get done.

So out I went to the garden.

And after a little while, the girls followed me.

E helped me do some weeding.  She's a good worker.

D is my plant checker.

She likes to let me know which veggies she thinks are ready to be picked.

I have to watch her.  Or else she will pick all the tomatoes a few days too early.

Today she found that there were 4 ripe grape tomatoes.

I let her pick them.  She was so excited.

Then she shared 2 of them with E.  And they ate them then & there.

And both of them agreed with one another that there is nothing like eating a tomato you have just picked off the vine.

I love it.

It is so much fun to see them get such enjoyment out of helping in the garden.

Earlier I had seen that we had our first cucumber that was ready to be picked.

I saved it for the girls to pick.

All it took was for me to say, "there's a cucumber that can be picked."

And off they went excitedly to the cucumbers.  Searching.

D found it.  And then let her sister pick it.  Because she had already picked the tomatoes and yesterday had picked a zucchini.

E was thrilled to pick the cucumber.

D brought it inside.  And proceeded to cut it up for us to eat with our lunch.

It was delicious.  Nothing like a just picked cucumber.

We can't wait until more veggies are ready to be picked.

potd #211.  Fresh picked and cut cucumber.  Excellent addition to our lunch today.

No comments:

Post a Comment