Wednesday, August 29, 2012

1 Down, 179 To Go

But who's counting??

Today was the 1st day of school for D&E.

I honestly can't believe that they are in 4th grade.

This is the 1st day of Kindergarten.

Feels like yesterday.

Boo hoo.

And here they are today.

D on the left.  E on the right.

Uncanny how in the Kindergarten picture above D is on left & E is on right.

They do that in so many pictures I take.  Seriously, sooooooo many.  As in too many to count.

That is a blog post in and of itself.

Note to self:  do blog post with all pictures where they place themselves this way.  Really Uncanny.

Sweet D.  She was so ready to go to school this morning.

I had my alarm set for 6:30.

She popped into my room about 6:45.

She was funny.  She said to me, "Mom, my body just told me it was time to get up!"

It was a great start to 4th grade for her.

Her quote coming home today was, "Mom, I love Mrs. B!  She is the nicest teacher ever!"

Can't wait to see the year unfold.  I think D is right, she is going to have a great year.

Silly E.  She was a bit sleepy this morning.

I had to wake her up after my shower.  But, she got up fairly quickly.

Some left over nerves were with her during breakfast.  Not many, but some.

While we were waiting for the bus, she was being a little silly.

Making goofy poses for me while I was snapping pictures.

I think it helped her work off some of her 1st day jitters.

Es' quote of the day after getting off the bus this afternoon, "Mom, I love all my classmates!"

Her worry going to school was whether her classmates would like her.  Sweet E.

She had a great day.  And she was non-stop talking for the 1st ten minutes she was off the bus.

Another fantastic start to 4th grade.

Phew.

Can't wait to hear how the 2nd day goes tomorrow.

potd #240.  My 4th graders.  Oh my.  Love these girls.  So much.  Guess I can't freeze them.  So, I am going to enjoy every moment.  Because as I am learning, time really does fly.

No comments:

Post a Comment