Saturday, August 11, 2012

Beachy Afternoon

Well, today could have been a complete wash out at the beach.

The weather really did not look that great.

Cloudy.  Little bit of rain this morning.

Yuck.

And then, amazingly, the sun started to peek out from behind the clouds.

And it did that throughout the day.

At some points it was downright hot.

At all points it was downright humid.

Thank goodness Uncle T recently put in central air.

It is surely saving us this weekend.

Anyhoo.

We had a great day.

The girls went to play tennis with Hubby, my bil D, and my nephew J.

Sissy, niece K, and I hit a couple of thrift shops.

Then we stopped to grab some stuff for dinner.

And we called the guys and asked them to stop and get the steaks for dinner.

Yum.

This afternoon was quite pleasant.

Cape Sissy and niece M came up for a visit.

We all went over to a nearby park with walking trails along the beach.

We really weren't there for the walking trails.

We were there for the annual "picture by the whale bones" picture.

There is an old house on the property that used to belong to one of the old whaling captains.

And at the entrance of one end of the property are two "whale" bones.

I believe that long ago the whale bones were real.

Unfortunately, the ones there are no longer there.

Time and vandals have a way of taking care of that.

But it's fun to get a picture of the kids by the whale bones.

Sissy has been doing it with her kids since they were 5 & 2.  It's fun to look back at the pictures from year after year.

D&E by the whale bones.  Behind them is the house.

It is a wonderful property.

Here are all 5 cousins.  Such a fun picture to take.  

I was not ambitious enough to take my pictures off my camera tonight.

I am sure the ones on there are much better.  But these are fun to look at too.

After getting all of our pictures taken, we headed back to the house to go to the beach.

It was a wonderful afternoon.

Just the right amount of sunshine mixed in with clouds so we weren't too hot.

And the water was gorgeous.

Hoping the weather continues to get better and better.

Too bad Hubby has to go home tomorrow.  K, J, and bil D are heading home too.

Well it's tough to stay, but I guess Sissy and I will manage.

And we get some extra time to spend with Uncle T, Nana, and my dad.

potd #222.  Such a great picture of E and J.  They were doing some serious minnow catching/hunting.  This picture makes me want to never go home.  I truly do love the beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment