Wednesday, April 25, 2012

The Drive-Thru

Saw Sissy today.

She wanted to take a ride over to Whole Foods today.

The nearest Whole Foods is about 25 minutes away.

We both love their Cranberry Ginger bread. They make it in their bakery and it is delicious.

Like want to eat the whole loaf by myself delicious.

From there we headed over to the Goodwill.

We both found a couple things.

I found a great old metal coffee pot.  Love it.

After that we headed over to Starbucks.  Sissy wanted one of the famous chais that I get there.

She even made me write it down for her.  She was driving so she was the one who would be ordering it at the drive-thru.

So, I wrote it for her.  Grande, non-fat, light water, 5 pump chai.

As is our usual, we were talking as she was driving into the Starbucks parking lot. Go figure.

She heads into the drive-thru lane.  And we are talking away.

And she continues to go around the building.

Next thing you know, we round the building and are 1 car from the pick-up window.

But, we haven't ordered yet.

Oops.  I start laughing.  And say, "You didn't order.  We drove right by the order speaker!!"

And then we are both laughing.  At this point we realize there is nothing we can do. Now there is a car behind us and in front of us.

Nowhere to go.  So we wait.  And giggle.

Sissy now realizes that she is now going to have to read the order off the notebook right to the Starbucks worker.  As opposed to the drive-thru speaker.  Oops.

And we laugh some more.  And more.

Finally the car in front of us drives away with their order.

Sissy pulls up to the window.

And the Starbucks worker has the order for the car behind us ready to hand over. Oops.

Sissy apologizes and tells him that we drove right by the speaker and can we order from here.

Mr. Starbucks Worker is very sweet and says no problem, of course we can order now.

Then Sissy does something more funny.

She holds up the notebook that I've written the order in and says, "Ok, so we need 2 of these."

I am trying hard not to laugh.  It's not working very well.

Mr. Starbucks Worker looks at the notebook and says, "ok, 2 grande, non-fat, light water 5 pump chais."

And off he goes.  I would love to have been able to read his mind at this point.

A few minutes later we have our Chais and off we go.  Still laughing.

I don't think I will be able to order another Chai at a Starbucks drive-thru without thinking of Sissy.

That's one of the best parts of spending Sissys' days off with her.  Lots of laughs and some really good stories.

See, what happens matters.

Even when you're just trying to order a Chai at a Starbucks drive-thru.

potd #114.  Love this metal coffee pot I found today.  I love it with the cover, but can also picture it with some wildflowers in it this summer.




3 comments:

  1. This made me laugh so hard. Too funny, it made me think of all the times my sister and I have had uncontrollable giggles.

    You're so right, what happens matters :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was really funny. Mrose and I had our Drive thru moment too..... As I stopped to order for us at Dunkin Donuts I realized I was parked next to the garbage can which was right next to the drive thru speaker and I was waiting for the garbage can to ask me what I wanted. Mrose and I couldn't stop laughing. The guy heard us and started laughing and we all thought wouldn't have been funny if Oscar the grouch popped out and asked for our order!!

    ReplyDelete