Monday, April 2, 2012

Mid-flowering

I ran a few errands today with my Sissy.

We both needed to do some last minute Easter shopping.  

At this point I think I have all I need but who knows, I am sure when I am out tomorrow I will pick up a few more things.  You can never have too much Easter candy, right?

While we were out we talking about how all of the flowering trees seem to be stuck in mid-flowering.  I am sure "mid-flowering" is not a word, but this is my blog.  I can make up words as I may need them if I want.

So, anyhoo.  It seems that with the nice weather we had a couple weeks ago, all the trees started to flower and even some of the flowering bushes as well.  

Then it got cold last week.

And everything seems to have stopped "mid-flowering".  Which isn't a bad thing. Everything looks very pretty right now.  Especially the trees that have large poofs of white flowers.  I call them the "cotton" trees.  I am sure that is not what their name is, but it's all I've got right now.

After getting home, I had some time to go for a walk in the yard with Lucy.  She loves it when I go out with her. She gets so playful and always finds something(a ball, Mr. Duck, or Mr. Chicken) that she wants me to play with but really doesn't want me to have.  

All you dog owners should get what I mean.

It's a great game for her.  And she expends a great amount of energy playing keep away with me.  It's a win-win for both of us.  

While I was out with her I took my camera with me to get some shots of what is blooming in the yard right now.  Or I should say what is "mid-flowering" right now. See, that word will end up in the dictionary before too long.

The weeping cherry tree off the back deck.  Some flowers, lots of buds just waiting for some more warm weather.  This is my favorite tree in the yard.  Last year we had robins build a nest in it and have babies 2 times during the spring.  The babies were so sweet.  The tree is in the corner of the house so we are able to see it out a back window in our family room.  It was perfect viewing for the nest.

One of the many lilac blooms that we will have this year.  Can't wait for these to be in full bloom.

These blue flowers are just the perfect color to have in early Spring.  Have no idea what they are called so I call them, "little blue flowers".  So original, I know.

I was so excited to see these shoots today.  They are Lily of the Valley.  One of the prettiest smelling flowers.  I think I may plant more Lily of the Valley this year.  It does well in shade, so I have a few spots where it would grow well.  I love it.  

We have an early blooming azalea on the far side of the house.  It was nice to see that the blooms are starting to pop.  It's a bit overgrown and I need to prune it this year.  After it is finished blooming.

After a nice walk in the yard, I had to go in and prepare for the rest of our day. Mondays will be a bit crazy for next little bit.  D&E have jazz and now we also have lacrosse practice.

So before picking up the girls from school, I got everything ready for us so I wouldn't have to do everything after getting home from school.  

Today I also had a short meeting with D's teacher so that made our time home from school before jazz even shorter.

Clothes were pulled together for both activities, dance shoes, cleats, water, hats & gloves in case it was cold, my camera, and dinner packed.  Phew.

At jazz they finished up learning the last of their dance for recital.  They are dancing to Footloose and have very cute little cowgirl costumes.  Complete with white hat. And lots of red sequins.  Very, very cute.

They are absolutely loving lacrosse.  E is excited because at practice tomorrow she will be attempting to play goalie.  

D scooping up the ball.  

D passing to E.  Note the cleats.  She loves them.

E getting ready for a pass from D.  Love the stance.

I will be sure to get pictures of E in the goalie gear tomorrow.  

potd #91.  This picture just makes me laugh.  I was trying to get the girls' attention from the sideline to let them know I was going to sit in my girlfriend, A's car for a bit(it was a bit cold and A was being a wimp & didn't want to stand out in the cold).  They had no idea what I was saying to them.  So the caption on this should be, "Huh???"  I gave up.  And went to A's car.  Tomorrow is supposed to be warmer.




4 comments:

  1. Love those snazzy shoes!! A is smarter than C for wanting to stay warm in the car.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey A!! I figured the wimp comment would get you! And notice I was not complaining the whole time I was with you in the car =) Let's hope today is warmer and not as windy, otherwise to the car we go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should know that as I ran a few errands this morning, I thought of the word "mid-flowering" evertime I passed a flowering tree. Great pics. Getting geared up for our busy spring as well...good luck to us both!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that I got you using "mid-flowering"! See, if we keep using it maybe it really will get in the dictionary =) It really is the perfect word!

      Delete