Sunday, April 29, 2012

Windblown

After spending much of the last 3 days outside, I am feeling very windblown.

It was windy Friday on the field trip.

It was windy yesterday at lacrosse practice and softball.

It was windy today at the girls' lacrosse game.

Very windy.

It's been sunny.  And warm, when the wind is not blowing at umpteen miles per hour.

Hoping the winds slow down tomorrow.

After lacrosse and lunch, the girls went out with Hubby, my nephew, and my bil with their early birthday presents.

Hubby decided to get D&E kayaks.  For their June birthday.

So, very early presents.  And they have been very excited.

Hubby tying the kayaks on top of his car.  E was helping.

I have to say it looked a little sketchy.  But, it worked.

Excited E peeking through the bottom of the kayaks.


Hubby putting the finishing touches on the straps.

He just bought his kayak a couple weeks ago.

After my nephew, J, and my bil bought kayaks last summer, it was only a matter of time before Hubby bought his own.

Thank goodness for Craigslist.

Smiley E.  Even with pink eye.  She did great today at lacrosse and kayaking.  And then she was exhausted.

She showered and was ready for bed by about 7pm tonight.  She was one tired little girl tonight.

Happy and tired.  Just the way kids should be on a Sunday night after a great weekend.

D was not far behind her.

It sure was a busy weekend.

Lots of great things.

Lacrosse. Softball.  Bunco.  Friends over Friday night.  Celebrating my niece, K's 18th birthday last night at Sissys' with yummy dinner and fabulous bday cake. Lacrosse game with win today. Kayaking for Hubby, D& E this afternoon.

Phew, I am tired.  Happy and tired.

It was a fantastic weekend.  Looking forward to many more of these fun weekends.

Now, I am going to be a couch potato and watch Raiders of the Lost Ark.  Love that movie.

potd #118.  Hubby's kayak is red.  E's kayak is blue.  D's kayak is white.  Purely by coincidence, together they are very patriotic kayaks.  Hubby told the girls they should call them the Star Spangled Kayaks.  D&E thought that was very funny.  Giggly funny.




4 comments:

  1. Love the kayaks! Can we fit in the girls or will they sink? I say you, me and Bolton lake!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, we will fit! and yes, we should give them a whirl! maybe we can have an outing with everyone at some point--kids & hubbies.

      Delete
  2. I need help with how to publish my comment. Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you make me laugh! you did fine, but I will help you if you want!!

      Delete