Monday, April 30, 2012

Cute Cowgirls

Today was picture day at dance class.

That means full costume.  Hair done.  Make-up done.

The girls love having the make-up on.

Although, because of E's pink eye I didn't do any eye make-up on her.  There was no throwing out of make-up because of her pink eye.

Not that I wear so much make-up.

Luckily for hair, I didn't have to do too much.  I curled it a bit with the curling iron.

This year D&E are taking one jazz class.  And they are dancing to "Footloose".

Their costume is in the fashion of a cowgirl.   Hat, red/white gingham check, and red sequins.

A jazzed up cowgirl.  Perfect.

Cute cowgirls.

Yesterday I realized that I had not bought the tights that D&E need for their costume.

So today I had to go to the dance shop where we have to get the tights.  The store was running low on the particular kind of tights I needed--Capezio Light Suntan. Thankfully I went to buy 3 pairs and I did.

One pair each for D&E and a pair for S, their friend.

Because it was picture day for everyone who has classes on Monday(they do pics all week), it was quite crazy at the dance studio.  And the photographer was running behind.

Which meant there was a lot of waiting around for everyone.  A.lot.of.waiting.

Which also meant there was lots of times for the girls to catch snags on said tights.

And lots of times for me to make the threat that if there was a hole put in said tights, it would not be my money buying another pair of tights for recital.  It would most definitely be their own money buying a new pair of tights.

E ended up putting a very small hole in her tights.  I think I was able to save it from getting too big.  We shall see.  E may be coughing up $13 for a new pair right before recital.

They love the hats.  I think of all the costumes they've had, this one is near the top for my favorite.  My all-time favorite was last years' ballet costume.

Picture day always seems a wee bit stressful at the dance studio.  Glad we've got this years' done.  Now onto the recital.

potd #119.  Everybody cut footloose.

No comments:

Post a Comment