Thursday, April 5, 2012

Poor Little Bunny

Hubby came home from a business trip yesterday.

Usually this is a good thing.  Except this trip he came home sick.

Not "oh, I have a cold" sick, but "yuck, think I am going to puke" sick.

I do feel a bit bad for him.  Normally he flies in & out of the airport that is about 25 minutes from the house.  This trip the airfare was so crazy expensive that he decided to fly out of the airport his business partner flies from, which is 90 minutes away.

Luckily he did not start feeling sick until he was driving home.  That doesn't sound like it's a good thing, but at least he didn't start feeling yucky on the plane.

He stopped for some Tums at a rest stop.  That helped a little.  Enough for him to manage the rest of the ride home.

I started getting texts from him while I was at knitting.  To let me know that he was not feeling good.  Uh-oh.

One text that he sent me said, "Laura!!"

In case you haven't seen it, there is a skit from a funny British show called "The Man Cold".  The skit is about how pathetic men are when they are sick.  It is so very funny and so very true.

The wife in the skit is "Laura".

Enjoy.  So that is my Hubby right now, my very own "poor little bunny".

By the time I got home at 9, the poor guy was miserable.  Lots of stomach pains.

We are still not sure whether it was food poisoning from the bagel & lox he ate in the Minneapolis airport or if it is an actual stomach bug.

Either way, the girls & I are steering quite clear of him.

He did have a rough night.  Today, he didn't feel too bad but was really not feeling well at all.

A little bit of toast has been eaten and some Lipton Noodle Soup.

Hubby aka Poor Little Bunny has been on the couch resting and napping all evening.

He did have to go into the office late this afternoon for a conference call that could not be rescheduled.   Luckily his office is less than 10 minutes from the house.

Right now he is ensconced in the "cozy corner" watching Gladiator.  I have already teased him that he is contaminating the "cozy corner" and I will have to spray it with Lysol tomorrow.

He did not find that very funny.  Obviously when he is sick he loses all sense of humor.

potd #94.  Easter Lily.  I bought 2 at the grocery store today.  I just love these flowers, their scent is just amazing.  It's just not Easter until I have an Easter Lily in the house.

On a side note:  R bought me a bag of Cadbury Mini Eggs after reading my blog. Thanks R, you're the best!  And it was just in time, we had about finished the other bag!




No comments:

Post a Comment