Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Home Sweet Home

There's no place like home.

We got home this afternoon from the Cape.

The ride would have been great if we didn't hit traffic as we neared the Sagamore Bridge.  It took us over an hour to go a little over 2 miles.

Bleck.

They are doing road work on the bridge.  Sissy and I are hoping that they will be done with the roadwork before summer.  We shall see.

So, what should have taken us 45 minutes to get off the Cape took us 1 hour and 45 minutes.

Bleck.

Our ride home today took us just about 4 hours.  It should have taken us only about 2 hours 30 minutes.

It felt great to finally get home.

Lucy was very happy to see us.

And we were home for about 2 minutes and D found her way over to the piano.

She really does always have music on the brain.  All week she was humming away.  Sometimes even singing.

When the girls were little we listened to a lot of Laurie Berkner.  She has such great kids music with wonderful lyrics.  Her songs still pop into my head.

One of her songs is called Song in my Tummy.  It's a cute, catchy tune.

One line in the song is "I've got a song in my heart".  I always think of D when I hear that lyric.

Because she really does have a song in her heart.  Always.

Here is D playing a song called, "The Campbells Are Coming."  It is one of her piano songs and she has it memorized.  She really enjoys playing  this song.

This afternoon after getting home, I took Lucy out in the back yard.  It was amazing to see all the leaves that have popped out in the last 5 days.

And the flowers that are starting to bloom.

I have no idea what these white flowers are called.  I wish I did because they are beautiful.  And they smell amazing.  This bush is in the backyard and it is filled with blooms this year.

So pretty.

potd #107.  Lucy smiling.  I think she was glad we were home.

2 comments:

  1. Very cool flowers. Love Lucy's picture :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks amy! now I just need to figure out the name of those flowers. Miss ya!

    ReplyDelete