Sunday, April 22, 2012

Return of Sunday Songs

Took a break from Sunday Songs last week because we were at the Cape.

Here are the songs we sang today:
Here I Am to Worship
I Will Offer Up My Life
Teach Me Lord To Wait
Thy Word
Forever
Mighty To Save

All of these are just wonderful.  I love it when we sing so many great songs in one service.

Here is "Mighty To Save".  Enjoy.  Love the lyrics.

After church we all came home and laid low for the rest of the day.

It rained all afternoon.  Much needed rain.  Our town had 3 brush fires this weekend. There have been many other brush fires across our state.

I really can't remember when we last had a good rain.  It's been awhile.

The girls were supposed to have lacrosse practice, but it was cancelled because of the rain.

Hubby did some painting in the bathroom.

The girls relaxed by watching a couple episodes of Gilligans' Island.

I went to the grocery store.

Which I hate to do on Sunday afternoons.

And today was the Sunday at the end of April vacation.  Families in town getting ready to head back to school tomorrow.

And we live near a major university.  Sundays always mean college kids are on their way back to school after a weekend at home.

They all seem to stop at the grocery store with their parents to pick up groceries. With the parents paying.  Smart college kids.

All of that equals a super busy grocery store today.

It took me about 20 minutes to get through the deli counter.  Boo.

I always vow not to go to the grocery store on Sundays. It never really seems to work out for me.  I always end up needing something.

Today I was happy to get out pretty quickly.  Even after my trip to the deli counter.

I was focused.

Now we have food in the house to get us through the next few days.

And then it will be back to the grocery store for me.

potd #111.  It makes me so happy that D&E are loving to play Yahtzee.  I have such wonderful memories playing with my mom when I was a kid.  We would play for hours on warm summer nights.   This afternoon we played a couple games with the girls. Hubby scored 2 Yahtzees.  Hmmph.  Not sure if we will let him play next time. But we probably will.  Because it was lots of fun.

1 comment:

  1. I loved those nights playing Yahtzee with Mom. Miss those days.

    ReplyDelete