Thursday, April 26, 2012

40-Love

Not sure how it happened.

But I am taking tennis lessons with some friends.

Ack.

I am so not sporty.  But I need to exercise.

Even my doctor has told me that I need to start exercising.

See, I've turned an all important "9" in age and as the saying goes,  I am not getting any younger.

So I am attempting to play tennis.

Thank goodness I am doing it with friends.

My good friends A, R, and K(lives in my neighborhood with me & R) are playing too.

Other friends M, G, and V are playing as well.

We are very fortunate that my friend K(the girls' lacrosse coach) is our tennis coach.

I don't think any other coach would put up with our laughing.

And thank goodness for the laughing.  It made me forget how far out of my comfort zone I was by being on the tennis court.

Guess what?

It was fun.  I had a great time.

I couldn't ask for a better group of friends to get me out of my comfort zone.

It was great learning how to hit a forehand.  Where to turn my shoulder.  Making sure I was stepping with my left foot.  Keep my head down.

The trick was then to actually hit the ball after trying to remember all of those things.

Which I did actually do.  Hit the ball.  How 'bout that?!

I even learned a little backhand.

We will play for the next 5 Thursdays.

Boy, I hope I am better in 5 weeks than I was today.

Might have to get some extra practice in between lessons.

potd #115.  Since I was starting to play tennis, I needed a racket.  Love my new racket.  Good symbol for stepping out of my comfort zone.  And once again, what happens matters.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you!! I can't wait to hear about your progress!!

    ReplyDelete