Monday, November 12, 2012

Making My List

Well, it's about that time.

The time of year to make the Christmas list.

Not ready to check it twice, though.

I have to admit that this Christmas is going to be a little bittersweet.

First one where the girls have not believed in Santa.

There's a little bit of magic that will be missing this year.

I am hoping to get a little magic back by helping a family in need in our town.

We are planning on adopting a family in our town that needs a little help around the holidays.

By having the girls help other kids have a fun Christmas, I am hoping it will be a good boost to the Christmas magic that we may be missing by not believing in Santa anymore.

Because there is nothing like helping those in need at Christmas.

What happens matters.  Always.

But in the meantime I am trying to get a handle on D&Es' Christmas list.

D told me the other day that she loves getting clothes.

She can be such a girly girl.

Sissy sent me a text a couple weeks ago of what E wants for Christmas.

E would like in this order: a dolphin, seahorse, mini-dolphin, shark, or dirt bike.

Really?

I am thinking that by asking for all the ridiculous animals that she can't have, she may actually want a dirt bike.

Good luck with that, E.

Cause Mama isn't buying you a dirt bike.

Good thing we have friends that have a mini dirt bike.

She can ride that one.  End of story.

One thing I do know she will love is a lava lamp.

Hubby has one at his office.  E saw it there last week.

And loved it.  Cha-ching.  On the Christmas list.

D has asked for the "password journal".  Going to have to look at that one.

She has also asked for a zebra lap desk from Pottery Barn Teen.

That she will most likely be getting.  It's been solid on the list since the summer.

A couple weeks ago, they went through some catalogs that I had received in the mail.

I need to pull them out and see what they have circled in those catalogs.

Some they will get, some they will not.

I just can't believe that next week is Thanksgiving.

And Christmas is only 42 days away.

Wow.

That list needs to get made and I need to start crossing things off that list.

Now.

potd #315.  Nothing like a 4th grade pottery project.  And of course, I love it.  Even if I am not entirely sure what it is.  Even if E has assured me it's a pot with handles. Love her.

No comments:

Post a Comment