Saturday, November 17, 2012

Exhausted

What a day we had today.

Hubby, the  girls and I all headed down to help in Rockaway.

We volunteered at the St. Francis De Sales school.

We met up with our friends, M & L who were also volunteering today.

It was a long, gratifying day.

And now we are home and beat.

D&E even fell asleep in the car on the way home.

That is unheard of in our family.

They girls have never been car sleepers.

They have to be really tired to sleep in the car.

Here are D&E helping distribute cleaning supplies with Hubby.

This was the area that I volunteered in for the day.

Formula, diapers, wipes, and baby food.

We gave so much today.

And there is still so many donations.

Just waiting for the doors to open tomorrow.

When I  first got there this morning this area was a disaster.

So many boxes.  So much chaos.

But with 4-5 of us volunteers working together, we got the area organized.

It felt good to work together in that capacity.

And organizing all the formula and wipes helped satisfy my OCD tendencies.

It felt really good to get everything more manageable to distribute.

I have more thoughts to share about our visit.

But, my brain is mush right now.

So very tired.

Bed is sounding really good right about now.

Think I will be asleep within moments of my head hitting the pillow.

potd #320.  Here is D helping me organize all the baby food.  She and E were such great helps today.  It was a great day for them today.  Good life lesson learned today. Help others.

No comments:

Post a Comment