Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy New Year

Hard to believe 2012 is ending.

Time is flying even faster the older I get.

Today is a bittersweet day.

It was 23 years ago today that my mom passed away.

So, New Year's Eve is always a bit different for my family.

A little sad.  Every year.

But, we always spend it together.

This year my dad is up from FL.

It makes it extra special when Dad is here.

And we always spend it with my sisters.

Right now we are going through some old pictures.

Old pictures from cleaning out my Nana's house.

It's fun.

Have come across some great pictures of me with my Grampa when I was little.

We're having a nice time.

What happens matters.  Always.

Happy New Year to you all.

I am so lucky to have such wonderful family and friends.

Looking forward to a wonderful 2013 with you all.

potd #364.  Here is an old family recipe for a champagne punch.  Growing up the adults always made this at Nana's house for Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve.  Tonight was the 1st time we have made it  in over 20 years.  It's quite yummy.

2 comments: