Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Christmas Music

One of my most favorite things about the Christmas season is Christmas music.

A long time ago Sissy bought me a compilation cd from Lane Bryant.

It is one of my favorite Christmas cds.

It is called Red Hot Holidays.  Here is the playlist.

One of my favorite songs has always been, "Baby It's Cold Outside".

"We Wanna See Santa Do The Mambo" is the girl's favorite this year.

It is such a fun song.

And they are going to ask Cape Sissy to teach them how to do the Mambo when she comes to visit at Christmas

It's very handy to have a sister who is also a ballroom dance instructor.

My all-time favorite Christmas music is the music from "A Charlie Brown Christmas".

There is just nothing like Vince Guaraldi's music from that cartoon.

I.love.it.

Here is "Skating".  Love it.

Another favorite is Jimmy Buffet's version of "Mele Kalikimaka".

This song will always remind me of my girlfriend, C(yes another Christine!).

Years ago when we worked together at the bank we played the Jimmy Buffett "Christmas Island" cd a lot during the Christmas season.

We even had our own little dance made up for the song.  We had lots of fun.

I've even been known to throw out some of our old dance moves for the girls.  They think I'm crazy.

Other favorites of mine are Jewel, Diana Krall, Ally McBeal Christmas, and Harry Connick.

I own a lot of Christmas music.  And I love all of it.

potd #337.  I am pretty sure Lucy spent her day snoozing on the couch.  That didn't stop her from jumping up and snuggling up to me as soon as I sat down on the couch tonight.  She really does lead a rough life.

3 comments:

  1. I LOVED that CD. Unfortunately someone stole it from me while visiting my home. I was able to find a few of the songs but I'm thrilled you posted the track list so I can try and find the ones I'm missing. Merry Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taria-I am so sorry someone took your CD. It is such a great CD. All the music is fantastic and my 9 year olds love all the songs too--bonus! So happy to be of help to you! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas and have a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete