Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Jesus' Birthday

Christmas Day.

The day we celebrate the birth of Jesus.

Sometimes that fact is lost in the bustle of the season.

But, it is the whole reason we have Christmas in the first place.

Tonight on the way home from Sissy's house, I heard one of my favorite Harry Connick Jr Christmas song.

It is called, "I Pray on Christmas".

I love it.

"I pray on Christmas, to do your will each day."

We had a wonderful Christmas.  

Filled with family and love.  So blessed.

And I am feeling so blessed to have so many wonderful friends in my life.

The girls were sweet all day.

They had lots of fun and were filled with many thanks to Hubby & me for their presents.

The Claw was a big hit.  The girls love playing.

Even the big kids liked playing.

If only it had a volume control button.  

Oh well.  The price for hours of entertainment.

E opening her stocking.  Cutie.

The hat was a favorite today too. 

 Brunch at Hubby's mom's house means Blintzes.

They are so yummy.  Especially with the sour cream and strawberry preserves.

We are planning another brunch during the winter so my mil can teach me and my 2 sil's how to make the Blintzes.

Yum.  Can't wait.

Love this picture of my dad and his family from many moons ago.

I believe it was taken on Christmas.  

If I had to guess it was most likely taken in the very early 1950's.

The children from L-R are: my dad, Aunt N, Uncle J, and Uncle T.

And of course, My Nana & Grampa.

What a wonderful family photo.

I love it.

potd #358.  Here is a great picture of nephew J, my Dad, and Hubby from today.  Dad bought Hubby and J the hats for Christmas.  For years they have been trying to take his hat because they like it so much.  This year he got smart and found them their very own "Irish Walking Hats".  They are happy boys.  All 3 of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment