Friday, December 14, 2012

No Words

I really have no words tonight.

My heart is heavy after the tragedy in Newtown, CT.

We are just over an hour away from Newtown.

It is just so senseless that something like this can happen.

In D's words, "Mommy, why would he do that? They were just innocent children."

Oh,  D.  I wish I knew.

So today I hugged the girls even more than I normally do on any given day.

Here was my Facebook post from earlier today:

"I hug, kiss, and tell the girls I love them everyday.  Today the hug will be a little tighter, the kiss a little sweeter, and my love even deeper."

And I will pray.  For everyone involved.

But especially for the moms and dads who won't have the luxury of hugging, kissing or telling their child how very much they are loved tonight.

And I will do my best to remember that every day is a gift.

Because life can change in an instant.

potd #347.  Love my little metal church.

No comments:

Post a Comment