Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Last Hurrah

Today was our last holiday hurrah.

Every year my mother-in-law has a get together at her house on New Year's Day.

Some family.  Some friends.

A good mix.

And lots of food.

I think my eating today sent me officially over the "I've eaten too much over the holidays" cliff.

I really don't want to eat ever again.

Ok.  Maybe that's being a little dramatic.

I at least feel like I need to eat salad for the next week or so.

That isn't what is going to happen, but it should be what happens.

Hubby's brother made 2 different kinds of homemade pizza today.

Both were delicious.

The pizza in the foreground is a traditional style pizza crust with tomato, basil, and mozzarella.

The one right behind it is an old recipe from Hubby's stepfather's grandmother, who was Italian.

It is so yummy.  Thick, bready crust with small amount of sauce and fresh grated parmesan on top.

I could eat a whole pan of that one all by myself.

I am hoping I can convince my brother-in-law to teach me how to make it.

potd #365.  Hubby and E had a serious game of chess today.  Looking on is the son of one of Hubby's cousins.  He was a cutie.  And very serious about watching Hubby and E play.

No comments:

Post a Comment