Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Christmas Explosion

I think Christmas exploded all over my house.

Gifts. Boxes. Wrapping paper.

Everywhere.

Niece K was sweet and came to get the girls this morning to go back to Sissy's house.

They were off  to bake cookies with the new cookie press that K got for Christmas.

And for me that meant a few hours to pull together the house.

To clean up the mess that always happens on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.

To assimilate all the new things that have come into my house over the last 36 hours.

And to do the laundry that has been neglected over the last 48 hours.

I put a pretty good dent in everything.

Phew.

I would say that is the hardest part of Christmas.

Getting all the new things that come in the house assimilated.

And it always feels good when it is done.

Although my Year of the Cat really needs to extend to the girl's toys.

A trip down to the basement is much needed to weed out some old toys.

Maybe tomorrow.  Maybe.

Or maybe we'll go to the movies.

That will definitely be more fun.

potd #359.  E loves the Nerf Swords that Sissy got her for Christmas.  She has been working on her sword skills the last couple days.  I think she would be a Ninja if she could.  Good thing she can't.

No comments:

Post a Comment