Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Struck

D tested positive for the flu yeserday.

I definitely wasn't expecting that to happen.

She woke up fine, no complaints not feeling well.

Then at about 1:30 I got a phone call from the school nurse.

She told me D's throat was red and she had a temp of 100.5.

The nurse was funny because she said D was surprised to hear she had a slight fever.

See, she was feeling fine except that her throat hurt.

The nurse and I thought for sure it would be strep.

Off I went to school to pick D up and head to the doctor for 2:30.

Once at the doctor, the nurse said that she would do the test for strep, but if it came back negative then they would do the flu test on D.

I never once thought that the strep test would come back negative.

How wrong I was.

Strep test was negative.

So they tested for the flu.

We actually had to leave the office to go get E from school before the results of the flu test were ready.

The doctor made sure to get my cell so they could call me when they had the results.

And sure enough as we were walking out of school with E as well as with my friend R and her kids, the doctor's office called me.

Bingo.

We have a winner.

Flu test was positive.

Boo.

A prescription for Tamiflu was D's prize.

And I must say Tamiflu is wonderful.

It is lessening the symptoms for D.

Her fever is down and actually non-existent at this point.

She is stuffy and she has started a bit of a cough.

I have also started her on her nebulizer medicine.

That should help keep her lungs clear and help lessen the cough.

Tonight when hubby got home she was so chatty with him.

Very chatty.  And funny.

She will be staying home again tomorrow to get some more rest.

But, if she is doing ok at the end of tomorrow then I will send her back to school on Friday.

And I only hope that the rest of us don't get sick with the flu.

D struck with the flu.

D spent the day on the couch.

Lucy was a good snuggler throughout the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment