Monday, January 14, 2013

Savor

When I was thinking of a blog title for today, the word "savor" instantly came to mind.

For a couple of different reasons.

I will share those in just a bit.

The interesting thing is I looked up the definition of savor.

And you'll never guess what I found.

There are 10 different definitions/meanings for savor.

That's a lot of definitions.

And it can be used as a noun, a verb(without an object), or as a verb with an object.

Golly that's a complicated word.

And wouldn't you know it, but the definition I was thinking of was #10.

Savor~~to give oneself to the enjoyment of: to savor the best in life

So, go check out all the other definitions of savor.

See which one you like best.

Back to the reason why "savor" is a perfect word for today.


Lucy was enjoying the warm January sun we had streaming through the back doors today.

Savoring it, if you will.

She was so cute in the sun.

It made her sleepy.

She was quite happy to lay in the sun and snooze for a while.

It was a good day to savor the unusually warm January weather.

Any day it reaches 50 here in January, it needs to be savored.

Especially since it looks like there may be some snow coming in the next few days.

Silly E with an orange smile.

These are moments that need to be savored as well.

The sweet moments I have with my girls.

Because the years are starting to go too quick.

And soon they won't do silly things like this as easily as they do now at 9.

E was home today because she wasn't feeling great.

She's had a headache for a couple days.

No other symptoms. Nothing.

So off to the doctor we went.

Just to be sure there wasn't anything more serious going on with her.

Like the flu.  Or strep.

Nothing serious.

Most likely a virus of some kind.  Maybe.

So back home we went to chill out for the day.

It was nice to have her home.

She was sweet.  And funny.

And I made sure to stop some of my busy work around the house to make sure I enjoyed her company.

Because I know that these years are fleeting.

Before Hubby & I know it, D&E will be all grown up on us.

So I am making sure that I savor these moments with my children.

What happens matters.  Always.

1 comment:

  1. Savor is a good word. It implies a slowing down of time to enjoy each nuance of a moment, or a thought, or a taste, or whatever. We need to savor our moments more, I think. Smart sissy.

    ReplyDelete