Thursday, January 10, 2013

Moved

Sissy and I went to go see Les Miserables tonight at the movies.

I have been waiting to see this movie ever since I first saw a trailer for it over the summer.

I have loved Les Mis ever since I saw it on Broadway my junior year in high school.

It was a field trip to NYC to see a Broadway show.

I loved it.

The music is just incredible.

Hubby and I went to go see it in the mid-90's when it came to the big city's theater.

He loved it.

I love that he loves Broadway shows.

On a side note, he's a huge fan of Phantom of the Opera.

Anywho.

It had been a long time since I last saw the show.

Details were fuzzy.

I remembered the bare minimum of the story.

But, I remembered all of the music.

It is so moving.  And so very beautiful.

It makes me happy.

And the movie did not disappoint.

Amazing isn't strong enough praise for this movie.

In my opinion.

Hugh Jackman.  Anne Hathaway.  Russell Crowe.  Samantha Barks.  Eddie Redmayne.

Fantastic.

And I cried.  Through so many parts of the movie.

It's a good thing Sissy had tissues.

Otherwise I would have been a blubbering mess.

Sissy used her share of tissues too.

There were lots of sniffles throughout the theater.

This truly was one of the best movies I have seen in a long time.

And I am so happy that Sissy came with me tonight.

She had never seen Les Mis.

She loved it too.

Hubby is wanting to see it too.

I told him I would go see it again in a heartbeat.

I will be sure to remember the tissues.

Anne Hathaway's single take singing of "I Dreamed a Dream" in the movie is breathtaking.

There is so much emotion that she pours into the singing of that song.

Gut-wrenching.

That was the first time I cried in the movie.

And certainly not the last.

And I will gladly see it again.

Go see it.  Soon.

You won't regret it one bit.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for asking me to go with you! I loved this movie so much but I AM STILL CRYING!!!! Watching some video clips on YouTube....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad you loved it! I hope you have stopped crying.....at least until you take K to see it!

      Delete