Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Snow Day, Sick Day

Today was a snow day.

Our first one of the winter.

Hopefully our last one too.

Not that I don't enjoy snow days.

I just don't enjoy the extra days that we have to go in June to make up the snow days.

Regardless, today was a lovely day to have a snow day.

You see, I am sick.

I have a terrible cold.

It hit me full force Monday.

Monday night sleeping I could barely breathe.

It was not pretty.

And yesterday I didn't feel well at all.

By last night I felt awful.

So, I was actually hoping today would be a snow day.

Mostly because it would help me stay home and just rest.

And that's what we did.

The girls had a great day.

They played.  They watched some tv.  They played in the snow.

And they barely bickered at all.

That was music to my ears.

It was a really good day.

Restful.

Just what I needed as I get ready to go away for a girls weekend in a couple days.

It was perfect snowman making snow.

They girls were quite zealous in their rolling.

Trouble was the snowballs got to big.

And too heavy.

Oops.

E recruited D to come help her try to move her giant snowball.

Really to no avail.

But they sure had fun trying.

I could see them struggling together to push the snowball.

And then they would giggle because they were not getting anywhere.

It was fun to watch them work together.

Like I said, it was a wonderful day with very little bickering.

I stayed warm in the house, snapping shots of them through the family room windows.

With the way I felt today, the thought of getting cold and wet just didn't appeal to me.

It was a great snow day.

And while it's not fun to have to go an extra day in June, today sure was enjoyable.

I am actually feeling like I've turned the corner on my way to getting better.

A snow day while having a cold.

Just what the doctor ordered.

No comments:

Post a Comment