Friday, July 13, 2012

Fishing!

The girls had tennis this morning.

My girlfriend K, who is also teaching D&E tennis, asked if we wanted to stay at the park to do a little fishing after lessons.

She was bringing her boys(and a couple of her oldests' friends) to lessons and they would fish during lessons.  Then we would catch up with them.

We had some time, so I happily said yes.

After I made sure she knew I don't do anything when it comes to fishing.

Luckily, she doesn't really do anything either.  Phew.  Knew I liked her for a reason.

Fast forward to this morning when I am on my way to lessons.

Well, on my way back to the park for lessons.  See we had arrived at the park when E informed me she didn't have her racket.

Her exact words were, "Mom did you remember to grab my racket?"

What!!!!!

Let's just say I may have yelled a bit.  Mostly that I am not responsible for remembering their stuff.

I let them know that no longer was I responsible for remembering their stuff when we leave the house.

And I won't be turning around anymore.

So, we were on our way back to lessons.

K calls me and says she has a favor to ask, if I am not busy during lessons.

I told her all I needed to do was run to the local grocery store to get soda for our neighborhood picnic that is tomorrow.

She then asks if I can go to the 7-Eleven and buy another container of night crawlers. The container her son J went in to buy yesterday was full of dead worms.

What????  She wants me to buy worms!

Good thing I like her.  So I said I would be happy to go buy worms for the kids.

Blech.  I survived buying night crawlers.  But I didn't like it.

Especially when the refrigerator also had containers of other yucky looking worms.

And especially after I was shaking the containers to make sure I was getting live worms.

And some kind of liquid got on my hand.  I am going with the idea that is was just condensation.  Hoping it was just condensation.

Double blech.

Yes, I can be a girlie girl about some things.  Apparently buying night crawlers is one of those things.

Anyhoo.

After lessons, off we go to fish.

The boys were fishing on a bridge that goes over the pond.  K's youngest son, W aka hot ketchup, had caught a catfish.

That was exciting.

The girls went fishing just around the pond up the path.

They were having fun.  Getting a few bites but not getting anything.

D, E, & M all had a fish on the line at some point, but it kept getting away.

Finally A was able to hook it.

And then it became a group effort to bring in this fish.

A has it hooked.  Letting it run a bit.  Tire it out.  E & M are looking on, cheering.

Reeling the fish in.  M is helping with the line.  Making sure it doesn't get caught in the weeds.

This shot makes me laugh.

D is posing for K.  So is A.

M & E are busily trying to get the hook out of the fishs' mouth.

They are not posing.  And I love Ms' face.  Lots of concentrating going on there.

Love this.  A posing for me.  A had no interest in holding the fish at all.

D just watching M & E.

M & E still working on getting the hook out.

It took a bit.

K was hollering for her oldest, her son J, to come and help the girls.

I, not knowing fishing at all, was yelling to J to bring the pliers.

I am sure that pliers is not the technical fishing term for the tool Hubby uses to get hooks out.

It was the closest I could think of at the time.

Basically K & I were useless.

Good thing we had M & E.

By the time the boys, J and As' brother-H,  showed up they had removed the hook.

Go girls!

It was a good time fishing.

We decided we need to do it again when we have more time.

Looking forward to it.

M just relaxing on the rock, fishing.  Perfect way to spend time on a warm summer day.

potd #193.  Such a fun picture of all the girls and their catch.  I love that E is pointing to A, making sure we know that it was A that reeled the fish in.  M, E, & D all have hands on the fish.  A was definitely not touching it.  Happy fishing girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment