Friday, July 27, 2012

Daily Walk

This is the second year that we have had a garden at this house.

It took us about 4 years to clear an area for the garden.

And now the plants that we have growing are growing.

A lot.

Every day I make a daily walk through the garden.

Sometimes I do it a couple times of day.

I check the plants.

Tend to them.  Maybe even talk to them a little.

Right now the weather has been just perfect for plant growing.

Our tomato plants are huge.

The leaves on the squash & zucchini plants are almost prehistoric looking.

It is just amazing to see how much everything is growing.

My garden is happy this year.

We have many clusters of green tomatoes.

Once all the tomatoes start ripening, we are going to be up to our eyeballs in tomatoes.

I can't wait.

Not only for us to eat, but to share with others.

Because there truly is nothing like a homegrown tomato.

And like a true gardener, I am already thinking about what to do better next year.

Not that I am wishing this growing season done, but just making mental notes on what I would change.

I really do enjoy having the garden.

Very therapeutic.

potd #207.  Even the flowers are happy in the garden.  Love these snapdragons. Such a pretty color.


No comments:

Post a Comment