Thursday, July 26, 2012

Sweet Visit

Today was a nice day spent at home.

The girls and I were lucky to be visited by one of my very best friends and her 3 little ones.

She & I share the same first name.

We met in September 2001 when I went back to work for a bank I had worked for previously.

I was happy to return to work for my previous manager.

Because I was the first Christine that worked for this manager and my friend Christine came second, we somehow came up with our own nicknames of C1 and C2 for ourselves.

I believe.  I have to honestly say that I cannot remember the exact details of how we decided on those nicknames.

All I know is that for years we have referred to ourselves as C1 and C2.

And I know that we became friends very quickly.

C2 was so much fun to work with at the bank.

To this day I can't listen to the Christmas song Mele Kalikimaka without thinking of C2 and the little dance we made up together during late afternoons working the drive-thru.

And it makes me smile.

And I really can't believe that it has been 11 years since we met.

Feels like yesterday.  Well, almost like yesterday.

Maybe more like last week.

We've been through a lot together.

She even lived with Hubby & I for a couple months when she first started law school.

We had great fun during that time.  And Hubby is a good hubby for putting up with 2 Christines in the same house.

Lots of things have happened over the last 11 years.

My pregnancy.  Having D&E.  C2 is a great auntie to the girls.

Her engagement.  Her wedding.

Selling/buying houses and moving each other.

Her 3 babies being born.  Her oldest turned 4 yesterday.  Where does the time go?

Her middle is almost 2 1/2 and her youngest is just 6 1/2 months old.

Our lives have both been busy and crazy.  And we haven't seen each other as much as we've wanted.

But, whenever we see each other it is like time has not passed at all.

And now, she and her family are going to be moving to Calgary, Canada in mid-late September.

Her hubby has the opportunity for a wonderful promotion at work.

The kind of promotion that you really can't turn down.

The move could be at the least for 2 years and at the most 5 years.

I am hoping they will be back in 2, but am preparing myself that it could be 5.

There were a few tears today.

I am sure there will be more the closer it gets to them leaving.

And something tells me a trip to Calgary will be in my future.

Having a friend like C2 is something that matters very much.  A friendship to be treasured.

Here is a picture of us from a long ago college football game.

And here are some shots that I took today:

Here is C2s' middle guy.  He is such a cutie.

He can't quite get the "L" in Lucy.  It took us a bit before we realized that he was calling her "Mucy"(read it as moosey).

Too funny.

This little guy looks so much like his Mimi, C2s' mom.  Uncanny.

This is her oldest, who just turned 4 yesterday.  I love how he's looking at the ice cream sandwich.

He is a mover and a shaker.  Doesn't stay still long enough for pictures.  Lots of blurry ones.  Thank goodness for digital.

Here is a top view of C2s' youngest.  She is such a cutie.  So quiet.

I loved how she would watch her brothers when they were finding themselves in trouble.

Curious.  Watchful.  Soaking it all in.  Can't wait to see her grow up.

E loved holding L.  She couldn't wait for her to wake up so she could hold her.

E loves babies.  And she's getting better and better at holding babies.

Though she still makes me a bit nervous.  But, she is getting better.

It's just the unpredictable movements that babies have sometimes that make me cautious.

As I learned when I was holding L and all of a sudden she was leaning halfway out of my arms.  Whoa.

Pulled her right back up and told her to not give me a heart attack.

She was fun to hold.  And she was fun to watch roll around the kitchen floor too.

potd #206.  Little Miss L sitting with E.

No comments:

Post a Comment