Monday, July 2, 2012

Chicago Is........

........my kind of town.

Yup, I really really like Chicago.

Hubby & I came here a couple years ago for our 15th anniversary.

That was a great trip.

And today we spent the afternoon and evening in the city with the girls.

Woke up in Cleveland and going to bed in Chicago.

With the few hours that we had in the city, we certainly made the best of it.

A trip to 'The Bean" in Millenium Park, a visit to Navy Pier, and dinner at Gino's East for some Chicago style pizza.

D&E really like Chicago too.

We have already decided that we need to come back again.

A family portait in "the bean".

E taking a picture of me taking a picture of her.  Or is it me taking a picture of E taking a picture of me?!

Underneath in the center of "the bean".

It's so much fun to people watch here.  It's amazing how we all love to see our reflections and the reflections of our friends/loved ones.  Adults and kids alike all act the same.  Fun to watch.

Love the skyline behind us.

From "the bean" we walked a little further down Millenium Park to the fountain.

It was packed.

It was 97 degrees in the city today.  Hot, summer in the city kind of day.

And everyone was playing in the water.  Again, adults & kids alike.

Hubby was trying to get the girls to pose like they were surfers.  E took the bait, D wasn't so sure about that idea.

This was the main reason for going to Navy Pier.

E wanted to ride the ferris wheel.  And what a ferris wheel it is!  Giant!

Hubby went with her.

D & I  decided to walk a bit down the pier and pop into a gift shop.  We picked out very cute Navy Pier t-shirts with the ferris wheel on them.

Both girls are sleeping in those t-shirts as I type.

E loved the ride.  Hubby did too, but it sounds like it was pretty high up there.  Hubby is not a big fan of heights.

Love this picture of D with the city skyline behind her.

Yup, I really like Chicago.

It just blows me away that this is not the ocean.  Not salt water at all, but fresh water.

Being a New England girl, I love the ocean and am used to seeing the ocean.  We are fortunate to go to Cape Cod alot.

And if I didn't know better I would guess that this is a picture from Cape Cod.

Except, it's not.

This is Lake Michigan.  Amazing.  And oh, so beautiful.

I am going to have to convince hubby to stop tomorrow on our way out of the city.

I just need to get my toes in this lake.  Just to see what it's like.

Yup, Chicago is my kind of town.  Such a great city.  Can't wait to come back.

potd #182.  Love the buildings behind us in this picture.  And I love seeing all the people that were around us when I was taking this picture.  Because I didn't notice a single one.  I was too busy focusing on my familys' reflection to even notice the others.  Love "the bean", it never gets old.

No comments:

Post a Comment