Monday, October 1, 2012

Sad Story

We went to the Cape this weekend.

Mostly it was a work weekend.

We did sneak out to our favorite seafood restaurant for dinner on Saturday night.

Hubby and I shared an order of fish & chips and the fried lobster.

Super yummy.  And our last of the season.  Boohoo.

Cape Sissy and niece M came up to help us during the day.

Sissy and I had made plans to bring up a birthday cake for Cape Sissy.

Her birthday is in a couple of weeks and we figured it would be a great time to celebrate with her.

Especially since she wouldn't be coming to visit near her birthday.

On Friday, I went to one of our favorite Italian bakeries and bought a cake for Cape Sissy.

They didn't have any of their Italian Rainbow Cake, which we have declared as the best.cake.ever.

But, I did choose a Tiramisu flavored cake.

It looked delicious.

I also couldn't help myself and got a cannoli and cup of coffee to have in the car on the way home.

Yum.

Fast forward to Friday night.

Hubby, D&E, and I are in car heading to Cape.

We are about 25 minutes from home.

And that's when it hits me.

I.FORGOT.THE.CAKE.

Arggghhhhh.

I couldn't believe it.

We were too far from home to turn around.

Especially on a rainy, traffic filled ride to the Cape.

That would have been a disaster.

Hubby gave me good sympathy.

Tried to reassure me it was ok.

I was so mad at myself.

And sad that we wouldn't be enjoying the yummy Tiramisu birthday cake for Cape Sissy.

Boo.

So, tonight Hubby and I had a piece of the cake.

And it was yummy.  Even after a few days spent in the refrigerator.

And we'll enjoy more tomorrow.

Thanks for having a birthday Cape Sissy.  Sorry you are not enjoying any of the super yummy cake I got for you.

potd #273.  Hubby modeling with the cake for Cape Sissy.  So sad that the cake didn't make it to the Cape.

1 comment:

  1. there better be some left tomorrow. and that's all i have to say about that.

    ReplyDelete