Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Vacation Snapshots

**again, silly time zone!  this post is for Monday, October 8, 2012**

Today was another good vacation day.

We went to breakfast at a very cool hotel.

It is called the Hotel Valley Ho.

And it looks like it walked right out of the late 1950's, 1960's.

Great retro look and feel.

I swear at breakfast the Rat Pack should have been seated at the next table.

That was the kind of feel it had to it.

I definitely want to stay here next time we come to visit.

Breakfast was yummy.

I had the stuffed french toast.  It was stuffed with lemon cream cheese.  Yum.

And it came with lots of fresh fruit.

I ate more than I should have, but it was oh so good.

After breakfast we made a trip to a botanical garden.

It was very interesting.

We learned lots of cool things about cacti.

It is truly amazing to see how tall these cacti can get.  Just enormous.

Here I took a picture down a tube they had to show the holes in the suguaro cactus.

The holes are made by woodpeckers.  They make nests inside a cactus.

Once they are done, other animal life will take over the abandoned nests/holes.

Clever.


There was also a Monarch Butterfly exhibit at the gardens.  The butterflies were just beautiful.

The rest of our afternoon was spent relaxing by the pool.

It fell good to have a chill afternoon.

The next few days will be very busy as we head north to Flagstaff.

Lots of fun, but busy.

I am afraid it is going to go by to quickly.

I am hoping internet access will be good, otherwise I am not sure how I will blog.

potd #280.  I just love the sugar packets and the coffee stirrer at the Hotel Valley Ho.  And yes, I took them.  And Hubby took his coffee stirrer too.  I love the font that was used for "Valley Ho".  Pure 1960's retro lettering.

1 comment:

  1. that hotel looks fabulous! i think we shall have to go back to arizona just to stay there =)

    ReplyDelete