Monday, October 22, 2012

Artwork

I have commitment issues when it comes to buying artwork.

Just ask Sissy.

I hem.  I haw.  And most of the time I don't buy anything.

No matter the type of store I am in it is the same.

Retail or thrift.  Hem.  Haw.  Nothing.

Most of the time.

Every now and then I will find something that I really do want.

My main issue is spending money on something that I may not like in a few months.

And that just seems wasteful.  To buy something and then take it down not long after.

I am trying to get over this issue.  But it's hard.  Very hard.

And poor Sissy is usually with my during my lamentations while shopping.

Usually she threatens to buy it for herself if I don't buy it.

I know what she is doing every time.

And it works.

Because if I really want it, it's the push I need to make the purchase.

If I don't want it, then I let her buy it.

It works for us.

On Saturday we were in a consignment shop with the Knit Wits.

And I saw a print.  A vintage 1960's Paris print.

I loved it.

But, I hemmed and hawed.  Not sure I wanted it that bad.

But I really did.

Sissy told me what a great print it was and I should buy it.

More hemming and hawing.

She knew I wanted it.  And that I needed a little shove.

So she said the magic words.

If you don't buy it, I will.

That's all I needed.

I am so happy I bought it.  I love it.

And Hubby likes it too.  Even better.

potd #294.  My vintage 1960's Paris print.  I love it.  And I have found some more prints by the same artist on Etsy.  I may just need a couple more.

1 comment:

  1. I love your print. All I have to say is FINALLY. Maybe you have broken through some kind of print shopping barrier.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete