Thursday, October 4, 2012

Packing

Tonight is packing night.

Luckily I had laid out most of the girls & my clothes on my bed this afternoon.

Laundry is just about all caught up.  Just waiting for a couple more things.

The girls and I share the largest suitcase we own.

And let me tell you, that's not enough space for the 3 of us.

Hubby is using the medium suitcase to travel this trip.

Then we have the small carry-on suitcase that Hubby uses most of the time he travels for work.

After I did most of my packing I made Hubby weigh my suitcase.

41 lbs.

I decided I would put a few more things into that suitcase.

The rest will go in the small carry-on suitcase.

Because what I don't want is for the airline to weigh my suitcase and tell me it's over 50 lbs.

Been there, done that.  Not much fun opening suitcases to shift weight around to avoid the "over limit" charge.

Ah, traveling.  So much fun to do, but getting to the "we're all packed & ready to go" stage can be stressful.

I feel like I am in good shape.

But I know that could change any minute and then I'll feel like a disaster.

Hoping I've got it all together.  Think I do.  We'll see.

potd #276.  Packing piles.  Socks. Pajamas.  Short sleeve shirts.  Shorts.  Jeans.  Capris.  Long sleeve shirts.  Underwear.  All in their own piles.  Ready to be weeded out a bit and then transferred to suitcase.

No comments:

Post a Comment