Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Sick-E

E has a cold.

She started with it a tiny bit on Monday night.

Yesterday she was sneezing.

By last night around bedtime, her nose was so stuffy.

And I heard her up in the middle of the night blowing her snow several times.

This morning when she first got up, I told her she was definitely going to school.

Then we were at the breakfast counter and she looked miserable.

She couldn't breathe.

One look at her and I just knew she needed to stay home.

I knew that if I sent her, I would surely be getting a call from the school nurse.

E was officially sick.

Boo.

And really I wanted her to go to school because it was the first day back after the blizzard we had last Friday.

Oh well.  It was certain.  E was staying home from school.

And I must say we had a very enjoyable day.

She did a lot of resting.

And we watched a movie together.

We watched "Secondhand Lions".

Such a great movie.

I just love Michael Caine and Robert Duval in this movie.

I love this scene.

If you haven't seen this movie yet, watch it.

If it's been awhile since you've seen it, watch it again.

Trust me, I had seen it before(quite a few years ago) and I forgot about 95% of the movie.

E loved it.

It was a good sick day.

While I didn't necessarily want her home this morning, it sure was nice snuggling on the couch watching a movie with her.

Little moments to treasure with E.

What happens matters.  Always.

Signs of E's sickness.

Tissue box at the ready.

Used tissues from said tissue box.

Remotes ready to be used.

Ipod Touch ready to be played.

Sick-E snuggled under a blanket.

Happy to report that she was feeling a bit better tonight.

She will definitely be back to school tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment