Thursday, February 7, 2013

Preparation

Well, there seems to be a blizzard heading our way.

And boy could you tell out in the stores today.

Target was a wee bit nuts.

I walked into the local Target this morning around 10 and there was not a single shopping cart left to be used in the store.

I actually had to walk back out into the parking lot to get one from a cart corral.

Oy.

I was happy to get in and get out pretty fast.

Although I did pick the wrong cashier line.

Slow doesn't even describe the customer in front of me.

Oh well.

Then there was the trip to the local grocery store.

Again, oy.

Busy, busy, busy.

I was focused.

I knew what I needed and got it and got out.

Fairly quickly.

And I loved that they had just about every cashier line open.

A little bit later I stopped in the local liquor store for Hubby.

He had ordered a couple bottles of wine and they had come in and were ready to be picked up.

I chuckled as I saw that the shelves were looking a bit bare.

Of course, I did buy an additional bottle of wine and some Guinness.

You know, they are storm essentials too.

And I made sure to get my gas tank filled up too.

The gas stations were quite busy too.

When I stopped it was pretty quiet.  Not sure how I managed that one.

But later in the day,  I passed another gas station and every pump had 2-3 cars waiting.

Another Oy.

I spoke to a girlfriend of mine and we agreed that we had finally turned into our parents.

Food. Check.  Gas. Check.  Generator started.  Check.

Now the storm can happen.

And I will just hope and pray that we do not lose power.

Because even with a generator I really do not want to lose power.

And Hubby is home from his business trip.

All my chicks are settled in the nest for the next couple days to weather out the storm.

As with any other snowstorm, I am sure to be doing some baking tomorrow.

Must have something to do with that nesting instinct.

Pumpkin bread is on my mind.

Maybe a coffee cake.

We'll see what I feel like baking tomorrow.

I took the girls to go play at the local indoor fields/basketball courts today with my friends A and K today.

Along with A and K's kiddos too.

I love the picture of the girls above.

From left-right they are D, A(A's daughter), M(K's daughter), and E.

They all had been "knocked out" in the game of "Knock Out" that they were playing with the boys.

A, K, and I were talking and all of a sudden I looked to see the girls with their arms around each other.

So sweet.  So cute.

And again, I wish I could freeze them at this age.

What happens matters.  At all times.

Love the memories the girls are making with their friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment